Thursday, May 29, 2008

Why I Never Want to See PNC Park Again

I don't think I can name any single stranger thing from the first 50 or so games of the Cubs' season than what's happened on the road against the Pirates. In their first 6 games at PNC park, they've played a total of 71 innings, as 4 games have gone into extra innings. After winning game 1 of the series over last weekend, the Cubs dropped the next two in extras after blowing 1 run leads in the 9th inning of each game. In the Sunday game, Alphonso Soriano lost a ball in the sun attempting to make what would've been the final out. He still hasn't looked 100% baserunning or playing defense.

Making up for the painfulness of the Pirates series, however, was a sweep which the Cubs just completed at the hands of the Dodgers. Every game of the series was close and low scoring, and got good performances from Ryan Dempster, Sean Gallagher, and Carlos Zambrano in their respective starts. The Cubs are now tied with the Devil Rays (!) for the best record in baseball, and are 1st in the NL in ERA, runs, and batting average. Keep up the good work, Cubs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, as a side note, I decided to check out Google Analytics, which is a pretty damn cool free tool. For really the first time I can confirm that someone else out there reads this, (besides the people running scripts or whatever they are that keep leaving generic, "I like this site! Check out my site!" comments on some of my posts) as Google found at least 1 visitor from Canada, where I'm pretty sure I do not reside.

No comments: