Monday, July 07, 2008

[Venture Brothers] The Buddy System


Season 3, Episode 5: The Buddy System

A pretty fantastic episode and maybe my favorite from this season. It took place entirely on the Venture compound, and it reminded me a lot of the yard sale episode from the first season. This season's had much more of a main overarching storyline than either of the last two. With Sargent Hatred now apparently done arching Venture, I kind of hope we get an episode that's just sort of self-contained and off the wall nuts like "Escape from the House of Mummies" from last season. Not that these episodes haven't been enjoyable, but I think its time for a reprieve from the storyline they've been working with.

Episode rating: Like a trip to Brisby World

Favorite bits/random thoughts:

-The Order of the Triad's safety song. Radon!

-Brock trying to hire the moppets to beat up the annoying teenage kid, only to realize that they're "pretty creepy"

I forget what else because I've had this saved as a draft for a week and forgot to finish it, but just take my word for it that this was a good episode.

No comments: