Tuesday, April 05, 2011

30 Days of Gaming: Day 25: Game you plan on playing

Day 25: A Game You Plan on Playing
L.A. Noire




For all the praise they've gotten, my experience with Rockstar Games' stuff has basically been playing here and there and friends' copies. Planning on changing that with L.A. Noire though, where they've created a vast cityscape the way they did with the Grand Theft Auto games, only here they've wound the clock back to 1947 and they've created a police procedural game around it. Instead of just straight-up carjacking people and shootin' stuff, it looks like L.A. Noire will have you investigating crime scenes and interrogating suspects. I absolutely love film noir and hard-boiled detective stuff and the game looks like it's going to be steeped in that style. It looks a lot like they made Chinatown: The Game, and the idea of that sounds awesome to me. There's a ton of footage out there for the game--the above trailer is one of several they've released--and it all looks gorgeous. If it plays half as fun as it seems like it's going to, I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. What I've seen has already sold me enough such that I'm going to buy it pretty much right at release and not really wait around for word of mouth to get around.

Also: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim



I played and loved Oblivion, and DAMN this looks gorgeous.

No comments: